I can't believe it, a whole year has past since Perry was born. The day of her party and on her actual birthday I felt a little strange. It was a mixture of emotions, I was overjoyed thinking about her first birthday, I was thankful for her first year of life and for her health, and I was a little sad realizing that my baby was already a year old. I thought a lot about the day she was born and the not so great labor and delivery. I thought about when we first brought her home and she was so tiny and slept in the bassinet in our bed. I look at her everyday and think my heart could just explode I love her so much. She means everything to us and we thank the good Lord every single day for bringing her into our lives.
At ONE year old, Perry....
-is full of life and has a hilarious cackle laugh that lights up the room
-says light, momma, dada, nana (my mom or banana), ooce (juice), hi, bye, hi rubes (clear as day, to the dog), ba (bath), out (outside)
-loves bath time and splashes like a maniac when she gets in. would spend all day in there if you would let her
-signs more, all done, and milk
-waves hi and bye to everyone, says hi to everyone, blows kisses to everyone. super sweet girl
-loves her cousins, watches their every move and tries to get in on the action. she and rev are especially tight
-loves music and loves to dance. loves barney
-is not attached to one single thing. no blankie, no paci, nothing.
-can walk really well but will still plop down and crawl when she needs to get somewhere fast, or when she wants you to chase her.
-loves to play "where is perry"? there she is! she puts the blanket or napkin over her face or will go sit behind a wall and peek around at you.
-puts her arms up in the "i don't know" position when you ask her where something is
-is of course into everything. pulls everything out of drawers, makes a huge mess wherever she goes
-still takes a bottle - 2 or so a day. we are working on switching to milk but she isn't interested and doesn't eat a lot of table food so she needs the calories
-loves fruit, cherry tomatoes, and cheese and of course loves her snacks, gold fish, yogurt puffs, etc.
-has 4 upper teeth with a new one poking through and 2 lower teeth
-LOVES to brush her teeth, cries when you take the toothbrush away. i know her bo is so proud of this.
-loves to be outside and loves to swing
-is a very easy baby, laid back and just goes with the flow
Happy ONE year Perry! Thank you for bringing so much joy and happiness to our lives. We love you to the moon and back!
A year in pictures ~ Months 1 through 12
2 comments:
Happy Birthday pretty girl!
I cannot believe that our beautiful baby girl has grown up so much in one short year. Such a sweet, precious, smart, and fun little girl. I really enjoyed the month by month collage of photos.
Can't wait to see you and Miss Perry tomorrow.
Post a Comment