Perry is 8 months old. I can't believe it. This has been our biggest month yet for changes. She has started doing all sorts of cute things that of course we think are just wonderful. Here is what's going on with Perry at 8 months.
- crawling everywhere
- pulling up on everything and scaling the furniture
- waves bye bye
- knows where her tummy is
- gives you "fives"
- talks and babbles and says da da da and na na na constantly
- shrieks and screeches very loud (painfully loud)
- is on formula only, no more nursing :(
- eats 2-3 meals a day of babyfood, puffs, yogurt, etc. she loves her puffs the most.
- still doesn't have any teeth
- has been to the gym daycare twice with my sister and did really good
- still doesn't nap very much - maybe two 45 minute naps a day
- sleeps from about 9 or 10 to 7ish, still wakes up around 3 am most of the time but can easily be rocked back to sleep
- won't take a paci, she will play with them and chew on them but that's about it
- loves dogs
- is in 18 month pjs and has outgrown most of her 6-12 month clothes
- wears a size 4 diaper
- loves bathtime
- likes to play with leggos but is a very happy camper when she gets to destroy a magazine
- likes mickey mouse clubhouse and handy manny in the morning
- LOVES the prius commercials, she can be across the room and hear the song come on and she is straining her neck trying to see it. pretty cute.
The biggest adjustment for Perry (and me) this month is I started back to work. My sister has had her this week and she and my mom are going to take care of her for us. Perry has done great the whole week, she even went to the gym daycare and did great! I also did pretty good. My stomach hurt thinking about her being in daycare until I found out she liked it. I am also nervous about her starting MDO one day a week. I do think it will be so good for her though and it's only 9-2. All 3 of my sister's kids went there and they loved it and I know Perry will too! I had a mini pity party for myself a couple of days into it but thankfully my friends all shared their stories and made me feel not so first time mom crazy. Thank you Kate for making me laugh until I cried. Love you for that. The best part of the day for me now is when I get to go pick Perry up and see her get excited and start smiling so big for me. Melts my heart everytime. With that said, I am so so thankful that we have family here that is willing to help out with Perry. I know she is in the best hands and it makes it 10 times easier not to have to worry about her during the day. I can't thank my sister and mom enough for doing this. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
So this was a big month for us in a lot of ways! I just still can't believe how quickly time is flying. Happy 8 months sweet Perry! We love you to pieces!


This is what Perry does with her pacis.

2 comments:
It's had to believe that Miss Priss is crawling and pulling up. She's obviously one busy girl now. And that's too funny about the Prius commercials. What a cutie!
love ya'll :) i might eat perry for lunch...love her! ;)
Post a Comment