I have been dreading this day for a while, really dreading it the past few weeks b/c I knew it was right around the corner and it was sneaking up on me. I go back to work tomorrow, May 14th. I have been pretending to be a stay at home mom since George was born, and we have been having so much fun. I would get perry from school early every day and some days just keep her home with us. We have had so much fun and we have made so many memories. Memories that I will not forget. The only thing that makes tomorrow a little easier is that my mom and sister will be keeping my kids. Whew. I am so very very lucky to have them close and to have them help us. So so lucky. I recently went back and read my blog when I went back to work after perry was born. Granted she was 9 months old so this is very different, but I was so happy that I documented that moment. So glad I wrote down how I felt at the time. Tomorrow will be different, it will be hard, I have a hard job, but one that I am so very thankful for. My friend Kelly just wrote about an experience saying how great it is to be put into a situation every now and then where you are out of your element and feel uncomfortable. How those times make you a better and stronger person. Last Saturday at dinner I told Taylor about this and how this is how I feel every day with my job. I get thrown into the fire every day, but it makes me a better person, it makes me thankful for the rewards, it keeps me humble and thankful for my job.
PS in case I forgot to mention this, Taylor is currently in Philly for a 3 week training. Yep. Single mom. With a newborn. And a very demanding 3 year old. Heading back to my stressful full time job. :) piece of cake. Especially when I get to come home to this.



0 comments:
Post a Comment