Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Parent Teacher Conference

I had a great PTC with Perry's teacher last week!  I had to reschedule the original date they gave us b/c I had a work thing out of town that I couldn't miss, but Ms. Rhonda was so sweet and let me come up and meet her during naptime last week.  We ended up meeting for 45 minutes and I just feel so thankful for her and all that she does for her students.  Perry is super lucky to have such a wonderful teacher!  A couple of things she told me that I want to remember...

-perry is doing great in school, loves to learn, is meeting and exceeding all of her goals and curriculum that she should be at the 3.5 age level.
- she has a "boyfriend" Eli ;)
- she has only gotten in trouble once for getting out of her seat. ( I made sure we were talking about the same child).
- in Ms. Rhonda's exact words : she can hold her own with the boys.  We had a good laugh about this.  I'm proud of her!

She told me the funniest stories about Perry and I just ate it up.  I told her how I feel so out of the loop since Taylor drops her off in the morning and my mom or sister pick her up (except for our special Friday dates).  I hate the working mom guilt feelings that I try and bury deep inside when perry asks me everyday who is picking her up from school.  It's hard.  Very hard.  It only makes me that much more thankful for her teachers, and of course for nanny and ree ree (aunt Kerri) for helping out so much.

Most importantly, she is thriving, she loves her school and her teachers.  We count these things in our many blessings we are thankful for.  Keep up the good work, P!  We are so very proud of you !!

0 comments: